Welcome to the Greer Farm Vegetable CSA
Weather precluded our having a CSA this year
Join the Vegetable CSA now or learn more.
Sign up for our CSA Newsletter Welcome to the Greer Farm CSA. We are pleased that you are interested in learing about our CSA and you will hopefully participate. Our goal is to make it easy to understand what a CSA is and how to join ours. If you have questions, please can contact us for more information. Your are welcome to visit the farm if you wish to see what we are growing and how we grow it. Everything we do at the Greer Farm is focused on meeting our customer’s expectations and our own high standards of excellence. It will be the same for our CSA.
- We are committed to using organic practices and methods to grow vegetables that are healthy and nutritious.
- We will deliver fresh, seasonal produce every week of the growing season.
- Becoming a member of our farm CSA allows you to know where your produce is coming from and how it is produced.
- By participating, you are supporting a local family farm that cares about the land and the people we provide for.
- During the April 7 to August 4 CSA season this year, we will provide weekly or every-other-week delivers of 6-10 kinds of vegetables, fruit and herbs for each share.
The Greer Farm is located near Daingerfield, Texas. We have owned the farm since 1979 and started full time ranching and farming in December 1998. We gradually expanded the farm’s activities over the years to include grass-fed beef, pasture raised eggs, vegetables, blueberries, blackberries, figs, & plums, Farm to Fork Cooking Classes, farm stays in our lakeside log cabins, homemade jams, jelly and sauces. We have plans to have pastured raised lamb, pork and chicken. We have been selling beef, eggs, vegetables, fruit and berries for many years. This will be our first year for the Greer Farm CSA.
Our vegetables and fruit are not certified organic, but organic methods are used.
We grow our vegetables using organic practices and methods, but have decided not to become USDA certified. Our sustainable agriculture practices are “natural”. In some areas, we exceed legal organic standards. We do not use GMO seeds, commercial fertilizer or chemical pesticides.
We are considering becoming a member of Certified Naturally Grown. This program includes an online application process, annual farm inspections and random pesticide residue testing to ensure consumer confidence.
What is a CSA? | Joining -- The Details | CSA Blog